Version 3.8.3 is now available on Curse and WoWInterface.
As i've mentioned in a thread about the status of V4, I got out of a depressive state last month and it feels great and then I was shocked to realize that we havent released stable release in over 8 months. This fact is made slightly easier to digest when we've been in the same major patch for the past 10 months! Regardless, we definitely should've released something in the mean time. For those wondering, while V4 does sound like vaporware, it's currently being developed at the fastest it has ever been and performance seems improved across the board (so far)
Changelogs between versions encompass all changes between 3.8.2 and 3.8.3, some of which you may be familiar with if you have been using alpha versions.
- Added a new Artworks module that allows you to disable parts of the LUI art that wasnt configurable before.
- Infotext: Added support for Battle.Net App client in the friend list.
- Infotext: Guild tooltip now hides realm name by default, an option can be found to alter this behavior.
- Unitframes: Name format can now display Level with no associated Name.
- Unitframes: Fixed bug when buffs/debuffs get applied.
- Unitframes: Added Monk's Renewing Mists to the RaidFrames.
- Unitframes: Fixed a bug with the Shandrala unitframe layout that caused weird :SetFont() lua error. If you're still having it, reload the layout or change it. (Sadly, at the loss of your current unitframes settings)
- Micromenu: Replaced the Help button by a Store button to reflect the Blizzard micromenu.
- MirrorBar: Border default width changed to 4.0 (up from 2.0) so the border attaches to the bar rather than float slightly away from it.
- MirrorBar: Added a new option to enable an Archaeology Digsite Progress Bar.
- Threat/ExpBar: Fix background textures.
- Threat/ExpBar: Added precision settings for Experience and Reputation mode.
- Threat/ExpBar: Fixed bug that occur when the bar/text color is set to Gradient.
- Chat: Fixed a small positioning bug that can happen on reloads.
- AutoInvite: Now works with guildmates that are on another, connected, realm.
- RemoveThatBuff: No longer tries (and fail) to remove buffs while in combat.
Version 3.8.2 is now available on Curse and WoWInterface.
Terribly sorry for the several delays of this release, I wanted to do a few special things and line them up with the release of this version but due to real life and other issues keeping me busy they didnt happen in a timely manner, and now i'm releasing the version regardless. There is a new WoW patch coming in the near future and want to reassure people that we will release a new version if one needs to happens in a much more timely manner. On a side note, there will now be a new dropdown featuring some of my [Siku/Chaoslux] other addons, in case people are interested in those. They don't have the broad appeal of LUI, but they can be quite nifty for a plethora of people.
Changelogs between versions encompass all changes between 3.8.1 and 3.8.2, some of which you may be familiar with if you have been using alpha versions.
- The "IsDisabledByParentalControls" error is no longer shown, but will still appear in your bug grabbing addon of choice. (Such as Bugsack). Patch 5.4.2 is required for it to completly go away.
- Infotext: Added Hearthstone to the friends display.
- Infotext: Neutral characters (Pandaren) no longer have a green square as their Currency icon.
- Addons: Installing LUI or Restoring Recount will now properly set Monks to the same color as the other classes.
- Bags: Added option to Lock Frames, to prevent accidental dragging of the bags and bank.
- Bags: Fixed a bug with Search not re-appearing if you right-click then left-click in sucession.
- Bags: Added an option to hide the bag sort&stack button to prevent misclicks.
- Unitframes: Add Buff/Debuff options for "Focus Target" and "Target of Target of Target"
There is now a dropdown option on the website featuring a list of Known Issues with LUI, please keep that in mind when reporting errors on the forums.
Version 3.8.1 is now available on Curse.
This version also marks the release of our new website, which will see several updates as we move forward, I believe running exclusively on a forum makes some information hard to find. This also makes it much easier for people to grab the full package, and have quick access to Alpha versions, which in the past were only found after people were told they existed. I will be adding new information under the Documentation tab to help people find and use all the features provided by LUI.
Users can now comment directly on the news posts because we have a frontpage to prevent people from thinking that a new comment meant a new "News", Frontpage articles and Forum Thread should be linked together in the near future.
Changelogs between versions encompass all changes between 3.8.0 and 3.8.1, some of which you may be familiar with if you have been using alpha versions. (5.4 alphas have been out since the day launched, but were delayed from a release version due to real life)
- Updated for 5.4
- Core: Typing /lui no longer open the option menu in combat. (Unless previously loaded). This prevents "Script Too Long" errors that results in only 20% of the options being displayed.
- Bags: Fixed an issue where all bags slots became highlighted.
- InfoText: Added World Bosses Lockout information under raid lockouts.
- InfoText: Update Raid info display to handle displaying LFR and Flexible raid information.
- Unitframes: Fixed "fade others debuffs" and debuff frame color.
- Unitframes: Names on boss unitframes update properly on multi-boss encounters
- Unitframes: Changed number of boss frames from 4 to MAX_BOSS_FRAMES (which is currently 5).
- Threat Bar: Update to Experience mode - you can now show rested XP (both text and a bar).
- Threat Bar: Made Gradient color work for the bar while in Experience and Reputation mode
- Threat Bar: Small changes to text formatting.
- Tooltips: Fixed tooltips of NPCs within the Proving Grounds or while spectating a pet battle.
- Talent Spam: Update filters to include Pet talent spam.
- Vengeance: Updated module to make Vegeance caps at your full health.
- There is not yet a Store button for the micro menu due to Blizzard having secured the store frame and we are still looking for a way to access it, the way we used during the 5.4 PTR was removed when it went live.