Version 3.9.1 is now available on Curse. (WoWInterface package coming soon)
This version fixes a variety of issues and bugs that were discovered post-launch but sadly there are quite a few of them that cannot be retroactively updated, so here are some of the changes that will need to be done for people for people updating:
- World Map: The world map module has many issues which have been reported but solutions have not been found yet, as such it was decided to disable it by default. Due to the way the module is handled, there's no way for us to force-disable it on profiles that have already been installed. If you're having issues with the world map, please disable it by going in the LUI options, click on the white section named Modules and click on World Map to disable it. A reload of your UI will be necessary I believe.
- Action Bars: If you are suffering from texture issues around your action bars, go in your Interface\Buttons folder and delete both UI-Action-Quickslot BLP and PNG files. (UI-Action-Quickslot2 is not affected and works properly.)
- Quest Items: There are taint issues when using Quest items that asks you to "Ignore this error or disable LUI", leading to being unable to use quest items. This isn't something we can fix, it's an issue on Blizzard's side, if you do disable LUI, it'll just act the same and blame another addon instead. Due to this, new LUI packages on WoWInterface will contain QuestItemButtonFix, if you download updates from Curse, you will need to pick this addon up separately.
Changelogs between versions encompass all changes between 3.9.0 and 3.9.1, some of which you may be familiar with if you have been using alpha versions.
- Core: The Blizzard Frame Scale script has been improved to include more Blizzard frames, including Warlords-specific ones (such as the Garrison Architect Table)
- Core: Fixed an issue with LoadOnDemand Blizzard frames not being affected by the the Frame Scaling.
- Core: Removed usage of SavedVariablesPerCharacter. All information stored in them will be transfered to the SavedVariables database automatically.
- Bags: If an item starts a quest or , show the Quest Overlay provided by Blizzard.
- Bags: Added an option to disable that overlay.
- Infotext: Updated the Currency dropdown for a wider range of Currency IDs, supporting all new currencies that were added in Warlords.
- Infotext: Updated difficulty IDs next to the clock to support the new difficulty names for Warlords, as well as supporting Mythic and Challenge modes now.
- Infotext: Fixed an issue that caused your tracked quests to stop tracking upon changing zones.
- Minimap: Reduced the size of the Garrison minimap button and docked it to the bottom left of the Minimap, above the Minimap Icon if present.
- Minimap: Added an option to hide coordinates in the Minimap.
- Minimap: Fixed an issue with the Minimap Frames (AlwaysUpFrame, Vehicle Indicator, Durability indicator...) where they would disappear if another addon tried to move them.
- Minimap: Added an option to disable LUI's involvement in specific minimap frames, letting other addons control them without conflict.
- Minimap: Fixed an issue with the ObjectiveTracker becoming unresponsive after moving it through MinimapFrames
- Nameplates: Removed outdated options that did nothing from the option menu.
- Nameplates: The Elite dragon texture has been mirrored to prevent it from overlapping the health frame.
- Nameplates: Added an option to hide the dragon textures.
- RaidMenu: Added the 3 new markers introduced in Warlords. (Orange, Silver and White)
- RaidMenu: Markers are now shown over two rows.
- RaidMenu: Fixed an issue with the ClearMarkers button being unresponsive.
- ThreatBar: Fixed an issue where the Exp Bar mode would not display for a level 90 character who recently bought Warlords.
- Tooltip: Fixed an issue with lingering player border colors.
- Unitframes: Fixed an issue where Windwalker Monks with Empowered Chi were not seeing the additional Chi.
- Unitframes: Fixed an issue where Shadow Priests with Enhanced Shadow Orbs were not seeing the additional Shadow Orbs.
- Unitframes: Fixed an issue with certain race/gender portraits showing a full model instead of a portrait.
- WorldMap: Disabled the module by default. It's mostly useable but has a slew of small issues that causes the module to be of sub-par quality.
- ActionBars: LUI's built-in bars still have certain issues that could very well be considered deal-breakers with people and we suggest LUI users to use Bartender4 instead.
- Unitframes: Our Raid frames are not very customizable which some healers may have an issue with. Since this is a much more complex issue to solve, we can only suggest you look into other raid frames addons such as Grid, Healbot or Vuhdo.
- WorldMap: These issues should only be present if using our WorldMap module, which has been disabled as of this version, but includes things such as the arrow disappearing when using the maximized map and quest zone blue highlights not showing.
If you like LUI and would like to support it, you can do so either by donating or supporting it on Patreon.
It may not interest everyone, but I decided to give a new attempt at bite-sized mini-updates over on Twitter. (No account required)